Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Christmas in November #11--Wrapped Paper Packages


I found these miniature craft boxes at one of my local art craft stores. I bought them without knowing what I was going to do with them. I still don't know what I want to do with the final pieces but they simply make me smile. Being so small, I wondered if I could wrap them using traditional/modern bookbinding techniques. In previous posts, I discussed using the one sheet wrapping method to cover boxes. I wondered, if I could adapt the methods to such a small scale. The short answer is YES.

Materials Needed
Craft Boxes
Holiday themed scrapbook paper
Glue (I used Nori Paste by Yasutomo)
Scissors

Assembly
Simply follow the instructions listed at the above link and you have miniature wrapped boxes.

Notes
I used the Nori Paste by Yasutomo because it was easily portable since I was doing this project at the theater. These is no smell and the paste is designed to work well with paper products. Also, it cleans up with water. The most important aspect of this paste is that it doesn't add a whole lot of moisture to the box and paper. Working on such a small scale, water can easily warp the materials when drying.

While drying, I assembled the pieces so they would dry together to ensure a solid fit. Just be careful when removing the pieces from each other for the first time. They pieces will be snug for the first couple of times. Do not force them apart or together.

I still don't know what I will do with these wee packages but they simply make me happy.

No comments: