Wednesday, December 4, 2013

From My Stash


Today's post is the first in a series that illustrates what it is like to do crafts in Japan. Following the guidelines from this book, I took one of the adventures to FabricLand to try and find some fabric that I could use for book cloth. To be able to do so, it really helps to start with cotton fabric. I also wanted to something kid friendly because I wanted to use the book cloth to recover composition books to sell in my Etsy shop.

Here are three of the fabrics that I found that foot the bill. The pieces of fabric measure about 44 inches in width by 12 inches in height as measured parallel to the selvage edge (this is about the same as a regular 1/3rd yard in the U.S.). The middle selection costs about $4 and the other two cost about $4.50 each.

1 comment:

luluvision said...

Little Twin Stars! Was always my favorite!!