Friday, November 22, 2013

On My Bookshelf


By the time you read this post, I will have spent almost a week traveling in Japan. I decided to get two e-books to research some of the craft shopping in Tokyo. The first book is Tokyo Craft Guide (available here) by Frances Arikawa and Angela Salisbury. Although the primary topic of crafting is fabric and notions, there are a variety of other crafting supplies presented in the book.

Rather than featuring specific stores, the authors highlight "shopping adventures" that are condensed into 6 shopping excursions. Within each area, the authors list stores of interest as well as other tidbits of information that turn a shopping trip into a shopping excursion. The authors provide information about cafes and eateries, other interesting places to shop, parks and rest areas, kid friendly areas and those secret spots to find air conditioning, dry spaces and heated areas when the weather isn't cooperating.

This is a well researched book and is presented in a concise, friendly manner. A must have guide for those fabric shoppers out there who are visiting Tokyo.

1 comment:

luluvision said...

oh my gosh! I am soooo jealous! LOVE Japanese craft books! They are so expensive over here! I can't wait to see photos! I know you are having a good time so I am not even going to say I hope you are!