Friday, November 29, 2013

On My Bookshelf


As you read this, I will returning home to the United States from spending 10 days in traveling Japan. I will have visited Nagoya, Tokyo and Sapporo. Last week, I mentioned an ebook that I purchased as a guide to fabric and notions shopping while in Tokyo. The second book that I purchased was the Kindle version of Tokyo Shopping Guide by Marceline Smith.

This guide is very similar to the Tour Guide Books that are available for any major city but the beauty of this book is that it highlights the craft stores of Tokyo and other major cities in Japan. The book highlights the major, and many minor, craft stores in Tokyo. There are also shopping guides to Tokyo areas for shopping and sightseeing. The author also provides many opportunities for other non-shopping excursions (many of which have the possibility of buying souvenirs). The primary excursion that I tried to fit into my itinerary was the Ghigli Museum.

The author also provides a limited mini-guide to Osaka and Kyoto. Finally, the author provides very insightful tips to make your trip to Japan even more meaningful. Highly, highly recommended.

No comments: