Friday, November 8, 2013

On My Bookshelf


This week's book is another one of those books that offers no new information or techniques but still is a must have. If you have been following this blog, you will know of my infatuation with Image Transfers. This addition to my bookcase is another book to add to my collection without adding a greater understanding of the topic. Today's book is Playing with Image Transfers by Courtney Cerruti.

If you are interested in learning how to play with Image Transfers then this is a great book for you. This is a no nonsense explanation of five different transfer techniques: packing tape, blender pen, acetone, gel skin medium and acrylic transfers. Once the techniques are clearly explained, the author offers 19 projects to illustrate your newly learned skills--or as I like to say, projects upon which to practice. For anyone that has any experience with image transfer will say--you must practice until you master a particular technique or practice until you find a technique that works for you.

The most interesting part of the book for me (since I had already learned, and practiced, these techniques) was the gallery and resource sections of the book.

Gallery Sample

This is a great book for any beginner to image transfers. For those already familiar with the process, this book will add no new content to your library.

No comments: