Wednesday, December 11, 2013

More Japan Goodies; From My Stash


What many Americans don't realize is that celebrating Christmas in Japan is very popular and lucrative. Although less than one percent of the population claim to be Christian, Japanese people love to celebrate the occasion rather than the religious significance of the holiday.

On my latest trip to Japan, I came across these "snow stencils." Snow stencils used to be popular during the 50s, 60s and 70s here in the United States. These stencils are used when spraying "fake" or "canned" snow when decorating on windows or glass. Smaller versions are used when crafting with etching cream. These stencils measure about 8.5 inches by 12 inches.



Each stencil package contains two stencils. There appear to be 14 sets of which I was able to purchase 5 sets. I will not be using these for window decorations but will use them for a different purpose and I will share how they are used in a later post.


No comments: