Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Iron Craft Challenge #26--Timely Crafting

More Handmade Wrapping Paper

Well, I can't believe that the end has finally come--the last Iron Craft Challenge for 2013. For this challenge, we were asked to complete our item within 1 hour. Using materials that I had left over from other projects, I decided to re-purpose some handmade wrapping paper.

One of the difficulties of being a paper artist is that people have certain expectations of you during holidays and special occasions. I had a last minute party to attend and we were playing the gift game so I had to bring an unexpected gift.

In this post, I showed you how I used my wall to expand my crafting space. Here, I showed how I made handmade wrapping paper from discarded packing supplies for Iron Craft Challenge #23--The White Challenge

Using the leftover wrapping paper that I had made for the White Challenge, I put it on the wall again so I could decorate it with more color.
Using the wall again for painting
I then used Emerald Green, Pine Green and Burgundy acrylic paints on top of the white and silver paper. I then used five different alcohol inks to mute the colors (two shades of green, two shades of red, and orange).

Finished with color
In this post, I suggested that I was going to use the snow stencils in a different way.  I wrapped the gift that I was going to give away in the paper from above. I then took white primer spray paint and used one of the snow stencils from Japan to paint the stencil on top of the package.

Final product.
The gift was a hit at the party especially after I told everyone how the wrapping paper was made.

I am a little sad to see 2013 go away. It has been a great year for creating, crafting, and blogging for me. I am very happy to say that I fulfilled one of my New Year's resolutions for 2013--Finish all 26 Iron Craft Challenges. If you click on the blue label called IronCraft13 below, you will see all 26 challenges that I was able to create.



1 comment:

Just Crafty Enough said...

I'm sure the wrapping was as popular as the gift! Congrats on doing all 26 this year! Hope we see you for the 2014 round. It wouldn't be the same without you.