Tuesday, October 29, 2013

31 Days of Halloween--Day 29


Today I wanted to make a simple banner/bunting for an easy project. For the easier of the two projects, I cut card stock that was 4 inches (width) by 6 inches (height). I purchase packaged poster letters that were 4 inches in height. The letters already had glue on the reverse side of the letters. I scored the top edge at 1 inch and folded it down. The folded edge was folded backwards and was taped down around a piece of baker's twine. I used a 1/2 inch spacer to evenly space out the letters on the twine. Once in place, I mounted the letters on the card stock. This project took five minutes to complete.

Pre-packaged letter bunting
For the second sample, I cut out 3 inch letters out of black card stock. I used an Old English font and repeated the steps above. The letters were applied to the card stock using spray adhesive. This version of the project took about 1.5 hours to complete.

Hand cut letter bunting

No comments: