Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Envelope Challenge Summary

I think that I will be a little sad now that the envelope challenge is over. This doesn't mean that I won't continue to doodle on envelopes but it does mean that I won't be doodling on pre-created envelopes. After looking at the envelopes side by side, I see a few trends. Number 1, it seems that I prefer to work with the micron/ultra-fin tip markers rather than the fine tip Sharpie marker. Number 2, it seems that I prefer straight lines to curves. Number 3, it seems that I like circles and dots.

Envelope #1 Front
Envelope #2 Front
Envelope #3 Front
Envelope #4 Front
Envelope #5 Front
I prefer the envelopes with monochromatic themes as opposed to the ultra-colorful envelopes. When there was a lot of color, I prefer the envelopes where the color was covered by dark marker on top (envelope #4 Front). My favorite combined envelope was Envelope #3. My favorite envelope side was tied between Envelope #2 front, Envelope #3 Front and Envelope #3 Obverse.

Envelope #1 Obverse
Envelope #2 Obverse
Envelope #3 Obverse
Envelope #4 Obverse
Envelope #5 Obverse
After all is said and done, I am still amazed about how little variation there is between the envelopes and their sides. Also, I still wonder why I have such a difficult time in unstructured creative settings.

No comments: