Sunday, September 29, 2013

Coming This Week

Papel Picado
This week, I begin a new adventure on the blog and hope that you will follow along. Since I have some extra time on my hands, I decided to dedicate the month of October to Halloween. I plan on doing a 31 Days of Halloween feature on the blog. This feature will start on Tuesday, October 1 and will continue until October 31--Halloween.

This feature will be comprised of 31 ideas for Halloween that will include decorations, costume ideas, book reviews, crafts and art work for this year. The projects will demonstrate all levels of difficulty (easy to difficult) and time commitment (very fast to long term).  On Monday, I will share with you the final variation of the Happy Birthday Daisy card. One of the projects that I am working on for Halloween is the above Papel Picado panel; Papel Picaco is the traditional craft of papercutting in Mexico and is often used to celebrate the Day of the Dead celebrations.



No comments: