Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am so tired!

It is the afternoon lull at my office job and I am about to fall asleep at my desk. I have already run the office errands so I could get that fresh slap of cool air that is travelling through Manhattan at the moment. I even made an excuse to run to the Post Office rather than let the mailman (yes, he is a man) pick up the office mail.

The reason for being so tired? I am a knuckle brain--plain and simple. I decided to work on a book project and seemed to be in a zone during the whole project. I just couldn't stop. I would get one step completed and would rush into the next step with such anticipation and excitement, I didn't want to stop the creative process.

The book is a hard case pamphlet made with beautiful Fabriano paper. There is a story line throughout the book based on 9-11 with pictures that I took on that day. First, I trimmed the signatures. Then I chose the pictures. The I chose the mats. Then I mounted the pictures.

I kept on looking at the clock and knew that I should stop and get some sleep. As I kept moving through the project, I kept on thinking--just one more step and then I will take a break and go to bed. Before I knew, it was already 5:00 am. YIKES.

I woke up at 8:15 am and had to get ready for work. Now, I am so tired and to make matters worse, I have one of my bookbinding classes tonight (that I am taking). I hope that I don't cut off my finger in class.

No comments: