Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dusty Rose

I have always been intrigued with the color and term “Dusty Rose.” My mom loved the color and she had a rose patterned china that she called “dusty rose” which I believe was actually called “Desert Rose.”


Where do these names come from? Someone out there is sitting on their duff and tossing out obscenely trite names as they look at paint chips? Oh, that’s cinnamon toast. That is persimmon delight (which reminds me of Turkish delight from The Narnia series of books). This simply is Bohemian Blue.

So, for my postcard swap entry I decide to do an homage to Dusty Rose. The background of the card is a pigment ink wash in four colors that is applied with a cosmetic sponge. On top, there will be dictionary text gocco-ed in maroon ink. This will then be overstamped with a rose image (either in pink or white).

No comments: