Thursday, January 11, 2018

Weekly Coloring 2



For this weekly coloring assignment, I decided to use my Prismacolor pencils since I was so disappointed in the bleed through of the Copic markers in Week One. This was a fairly simple pattern to color. I used a red, a yellow, and two shades of orange. The pattern I chose was the following: red for the three item motif of two triangles and one square; yellow for the rhombus; light orange for the s-shaped motif, and medium orange for the solo square (sometimes divided in half on the diagonal). The idea was that the medium orange square was a culmination of all of the colors intersecting.
The below image is simply the color on the page.

The below image is the page with the colors blended with Gamsol. This blending fluid allows the colors to spread so the color evens out.


As you can see, nothing bleeds through to the other side. While there will be some discoloration on the reverse as the Gamsol evaporates, eventually everything will dry out and become clean. I sped up the process by drying it with an hot air gun (set on the lowest setting). I don't know if there will be any smudging on the reverse side if there is already writing on the side. In other words, if you have already written out a week's schedule, I don't know how the Gamsol will react with either the ink or marker. You might want to try a sample before using it.



No comments: