Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Daily Coloring


Since I shared the Weekly Coloring Assignment yesterday, I am sharing two daily coloring assignments today. The goal really is to color every page of this particular calendar. For January 8, I had a little mishap with my marker. For some reason, the ink decided to flow freely when I was coloring one of the outer circles in the center portion of the lotus flower. If you enlarge the picture, you can clearly see where it seeped out. To minimize the effect, I colored the center medallion the leaked color. After I colored everything else and when the center had plenty of time to dry, I colored the center star a dark grey.


I really enjoyed coloring this henna inspired piece. I don't exactly know why it is so satisfying but I keep staring at it and smile. I hope it makes you smile today as well.

No comments: