Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Outgoing Postcards


This is another New York City postcard that is being sent to Taiwan. The person likes touristy postcards and Disney. I like this particular photo because it is a great evening view of New York City. 

The three decorative stamps include the New York Statehood stamp that was issued in 1988, the New York Public Library Lion stamp issued in 2003 and the 1962 Dag Hammarskjold stamp. According to Wikipedia, Dag Hammarskjold was a Swedish diplomat, economist and author who served as the second Secretary-General of the United Nations from April 1953 until his death in a plane crash in September 1961.

For postage, I used one of the current forever stamps from the Disney Villains collection.

This is what usually happens when I prepare these postcards. I get so excited in finding a theme, used postage stamps for decoration and the perfect current postage that I forget to take a picture. Here, I caught myself before getting to far.


No comments: