Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tissue Paper Supplies

Photo from Nashville Wraps

A couple of people asked me where I got my tissue paper for the flowers that I made for this week's Iron Craft challenge. First of all, not all tissue is the same. There are perfectly fine tissue papers out there that you can buy from any craft or convenience store--especially if you aren't going to alter the surface of the paper. Most commercial tissue papers that you buy have a plastic coating on one side to give it a shine. Since most people just use the paper as is, this doesn't affect the use of this paper in gift giving, wrapping or flower making.

For me, I knew from the beginning that I wanted to paint or treat the paper myself so I needed tissue paper that was not coated because I knew that I was going to use watercolors of some sort to tint/color the tissue paper that I was going to use (wow--what a long sentence).

I finally found the paper (in the quantities that I needed) at Nashville Wraps.Nashville Wraps has been meeting my gift wrapping and paper needs for years. They have all kinds of materials needed for gift wrapping and decorating. They are reasonably priced and definitely worth a visit.



Full Disclosure: Nashville Wraps has not compensated me in any way for being mentioned in this post.

No comments: