Wednesday, April 17, 2013

NY Journal #11

Before
I love the surprises that can be found in NYC. When I first arrived here in 2002, I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money because I moved here with $1000, first month and last month's rent, and my few possessions that I could fit in the remainder of my friend's U-haul that she has already packed.

I didn't have a job, wanted to be an actor, and was going to make it big on the NYC stage.

Because I had a lack of funds, I tried to find everything that was free to do in NYC and I stumbled upon the Public Art scene in NYC's subway stations. This journal entry was a tribute to two of my favorite pieces of subway art.

The first piece is the Roy Lichtenstein mural at Times Square which is 6 feet by 53 feet and is installed at 42nd street and Broadway.

The second piece is Nancy Spero's diva from the Artemis, Acrobats, Divas and Dancers series. This can be found at the 66th Street/ Lincoln Center subway station

After



No comments: