Thursday, December 25, 2008

Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus

Greetings on Christmas Day.

Last night's Drive-By Caroling was a blast and we brought the Christmas Cheer to many people who were travelling or who had to work. We returned to NYC at 6:00 am. Unfortunately, some of my friends have to work tonight because some of the Broadway shows are having a Christmas evening performance.

When I woke up, I decided to open my Christmas presents. Other than the presents that I bought myself, I received three gifts this year. One was the traditional Swiss Colony type of care package that I get every year from my Dad. I had already opened it since it has to be refrigerated. Another gift was sent to me by my friend who sells me my supply of Stampin Up products. She sent a really nice set of pretzel and chocolate munchies. So, the only gift that I had to open was from my friends in Frostburg MD.

I didn't know what to expect since it was a gift that I really wasn't expecting. I felt like a kid at Christmas. I wanted to open it at the post office but decided that I would save it and open it on Christmas morning. I am so glad that I did.

The box was from Zabars--one of those fancy gourmet food stores in New York City (I guess not only in NYC though). The ideas ran through my mind. You know--high end type of products, e.g. caviar, star fruit, Parmesan bread sticks, etc. I am really not into those type of foods but it was nice to be remembered on Christmas Day. I am always a grateful recipient. I was sure that I would enjoy whatever was sent to me.

So imagine my WONDERFUL surprise when I finally opened up my gift. Apparently, Santa had been reading my blog and sent me some of my favorite things: Bean dip, Pace picante sauce, Fritos and Skittles (since Santa knows everything).

I cried. You see, the most perfect gift isn't the most expensive. It isn't the gift from the most expensive store with the fancy label. The most perfect gift is the item that was sent with love and with thought.

Thank you Santa. Not only for my present but for such dear friends who can make a holiday a seem little less alone.

I am truly blessed during this holiday season.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Merry Christmas!

fingerstothebone said...

Merry Christmas. Enjoy the Picante sauce! (Not sure about your other choices though...)

Jodi Renshaw said...

And you, my friend, have blessed me. Thank you so very much for my wreath book ... sent with such thoughtfulness. I was giddy ... like you ... because the gift was so unexpected and meaningful. You are wonderful. I hope I can return the kindness soon :)

Love,
Jodi

PS. The card was gorgeous too. No wonder people commission you to make them!

Dr. Russ said...

Jodi,
There is no need to return the kindness. You already have done something much more meaningful. Your visit to the Veteran's Home for Christmas was more than enough good will. Good things happen to good people. You totally deserved the book and I was glad that I was able to bring some joy to your holiday. Best wishes--russ