Monday, December 4, 2017

On the Road



Well. This is everything I have for the next 22 days. I just hope I have enough of everything that I need but I will figure it out if I need to. I probably have way too many supplies but that is the learning curve when you are doing something new.

I will be able to mail things home if it becomes too burdensome on the road. I have spent more time planning the coloring activities than on personal preparation. I am very lucky to be in a situation that I can just buy things on the road in the event that I haven't planned properly or have left something out. I know I have the important things like belts, socks, cuff links and bow tie. As for the minutiae, I will figure it out.

I am happy to say that I am not over packed in terms of luggage. The backpack is fairly full. It has most of the coloring supplies and the daily needs. There is plenty of room in the duffle bag and the suitcase. I plan on buying postcards along the way but other than that, I don't plan on buying anything new. If I need a hoodie or an extra tshirt I will have room for it. 

In planning on my clothing, I was able to keep to a basic palette of blue so I can mix and match different shirts, jeans, dress shirts, and t-shirts. I am taking one bulky sweater and a heavy pea coat. I figure that I can layer if I need to but most of my time will be on the train. Most of the cities that I will be visiting will be in CA or the South where the weather is still fairly temperate.  The only cities that I am worried about are Seattle and Chicago but I figure that I have enough layers to be comfortable should I go out and venture around.

The next post you will see with either be from Chicago or on the train. I really do hope you  are able to follow along.

No comments: