Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Week of Swaps--Day 2


Beach front envelope

Today's swap was a "doodled" envelope swap with items. The idea was to doodle on an envelope and then fill it with two items from a list of items that  your partner would like to receive. Of course, because I have so much product, I always try and send more items than required. On these types of swaps, I put a limit of $3 on postage (although, it would be quite less if I simply sent the two items).

The swap organizer does not stipulate what size envelope to send. I think the goal is to send a business sized envelope and the additional ounce stamp (70 cents) so that the cost isn't prohibitive. I always shoot for 4 ounces (which is the $3 limit including postage for a rigid/thick (more than 1/4 inch) envelope). The envelope is 6 by 9 inches.

My partner liked the beach so I used some stencils and alcohol inks for the front of the envelope. Here is a starfish and a shell.

Envelope back

For the back, I chose a radiation type of stencil and decorated with my classic crosshatch doodling. And of course, I had to generate a plaid of some sort for the background. These were done with Tombow dual tip markers. My swap partner doesn't like neon colors so I used a primary color palette.

No comments: