Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Studio and Craft Hacks--Day 3


My stencil album

This is another craft room hack that is a little too easy but it is a great and useful way to organize my massive collection of stencils. Originally, I was storing my stencils in a 12 by 12 inch paper bin. The problem is that I would have to untangle and go through all of the stencils to find the one that I wanted.

As I was wandering through Michaels, I came across a photo album that  held scrapbook pages. Also, I came across plastic top loading sleeves to hold individual scrapbook pages. I went home and researched the products and found some nice scrapbook albums and storage sheets at Amazon. Each sleeve has a piece of 12 by 12 card stock and there is a stencil on both sides of the card stock. This makes it easy to quickly view and choose the stencils that I want.

Plastic Sleeve with card stock and stencil

I have two books (although the 12 by 12 book is almost filled). One book is for full sized stencils and the second book is for stencils smaller than 12 by 12. In the second book, I put several stencils on a page and use washi tape to keep them in place.


No comments: