Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Envelopes Part 3

Today we are continuing our series of experiments with dried flowers and glassine envelopes. For this attempt, I decided to go back to a fully lined envelope and larger leaves. I had some leftover red maple leaves from another project so I wanted to see how these would work.

I like the look but I still need to find a way to place the leaves without getting smudges and other detritus on the glued surface. I have used my Xyron machine and have used spray adhesive. No matter what I do, I still get bits and pieces of material or dust on the glued surface. With the glassine paper used for the envelopes, every smudge and imperfection becomes highlighted. I have even used pointed tools (awls, skewers, and tweezers)  to try to reduce smudges.

No comments: