Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Personal Christmas Cards



For my personal Christmas cards this year, I returned to my stained glass Twelve Days of Christmas series. This is the ninth year so it was time for Nine Ladies Dancing. The theme was greens and reds. I used a new tri-fold frame this year. In previous years, I used an oval frame. As the colored images were getting busier with the larger number of subjects, I decided to cut a rounded rectangular frame so more of the image could be seen. I am very happy with the change. The card itself is pine green in color.

Insert
The insert is made from a printed piece of silver and gold flecked paper from Japan that is mounted on a sage green card stock.

Here is the card with a battery operated tea light.


Lit card
Here is the lit card in the dark. The idea of this series was developed when I first moved to New York City. My first Christmas here, I didn't have the space or money to decorate my apartment for the holidays. I wanted something to put on "the mantle" to evoke the holidays so I designed these cards. When I have been in NYC for the holidays, they have been a tradition. Some of my friends have collected the entire series and display them every year. Three more years and they will be completed.




No comments: