Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Conundrum Solution



Yesterday, I posted about a problem I was having on sending out Christmas cards on Swap-bot. I wanted to send out a card with a surprise for the recipient. I also wanted the envelope to be special as well. I wanted to use a wax seal to seal the flap but it would incur an additional 21 cent special handling surcharge.

I decided to decorate the front of the envelope with vintage/old postage stamps that would total the 49 cents needed. The parcel weighs in at .8 ounces so I am well within the 1 ounce limit for the 49 cent stamp (it is important to give yourself some leeway. My scale weighs differently than the two post office scales that I frequent. If you are ever just at the weight limit, add the additional postage).

For the flap side of the envelope, I decided to use used worldwide Christmas stamps as seals. I got the idea from the Christmas/Easter Seals programs of the American Lung Association. For the history of the program, you can read/donate here.


I think this is a very satisfactory solution to the problem and it lets me thin out my stamp collection. I will be using the wax seal for the mailings to my family and friends.

No comments: