Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 31

Postcard  Front
For this week's card, I wanted to continue with my Subway Art series. I needed a fast card this week because I was so busy with the Iron Craft Challenge for tomorrow so I decided to take my pens on a subway ride this weekend.

Usually, I just take a blank medium and start working on the subway as I ride to work. This time, I decided to outline the hearts on the front of the card and the word "love" on the back of the card. I then loaded up my pens and took them with me.

This set of markers was an artist brush set of colored markers that are almost 10 years old. I didn't know if they had any ink in them before I started (I guess I should have tested them out at home). While some of the pens were more dry than others, I realized that I could vary the ink flow by the amount of pressure that I exerted.

After doodling each heart, I decided not to leave well enough alone and then added another layer with a black fine/medium tip Sharpie.

I was about to doodle on the back side but realized that the doodles would have gotten in the way with the text of the postcard so I just left it blank.

When I returned home, I decided to add another layer of interest by using a alcohol ink overlay on both sides. For the front of the card, I used green, blue, and orange inks. On the reverse side, I used a fuchsia ink.

Overall, I am pleased with the way they turned out. Total time doodling was 8 minutes. Entire project (using a card with a pre-existing background) was 12 minutes. 


Postcard Reverse



No comments: