Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 19


Today's card is another printed card using Duplex Card Stock. This fits in a standard business sized envelope (#10). While the card is serviceable, I am not totally delighted with it. The black ink is too dark against the lemon yellow side of the card stock. I should have used some version of green ink to contrast and complement the opposite side of the card which is a lime green.

I love this font (Betsy) but I am not too pleased with the ornamentation--I don't even know if the ornamentation is even centered.

For those of you who make your own cards, this isn't one of those cards that you would send to people you care about. This would be one of those cards that you would send someone who would appreciate the acknowledgement of getting a card but might not appreciate a handmade card.

More importantly for me, it is the process of simply creating something TODAY that is important. I feel a hole in my soul if I don't create something every day which is why I love having weekly challenges (a card a week, a book review a week, the Iron Craft Challenges) to get me motivated to make something new every day.

No comments: