Friday, March 22, 2013

On My Bookshelf


This week's book was chosen to coincide with my Egg Decorating Week mentioned yesterday. Usually, I just randomly pick a book for review but this week, I wanted to go with the Egg theme. Decorating Eggs by Deborah Schneebeli-Morrell was published in the UK in 2008 and it has been on my shelf for almost 3 years. Every Easter when I am decorating eggs, I pull it out for review and for inspiration.

There are 15 basic projects included in the book with a variety of artistic skills levels necessary. The book starts off with a discussion of basic equipment, types of eggs and blowing eggs. The projects include dying eggs, eggs covered in fabric, eggs used in mobiles and wreaths, and eggs decorated with paper, paint, felt or ribbon. Overall, it is a great inspiration if you like specialized decorated eggs other than the ones that appear in Easter Baskets or in Easter Egg hunts.

Quail's Egg Wreath, p. 17
Decorating Eggs by Deborah Schneebeli-Morrell
Full Disclosure: Neither Amazon.com nor the author have provided any compensation for this review. This book was purchased off the shelf without a personal perusal before purchase.

No comments: