Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Eggs 5--More Rubber Cement Eggs

Eggs, Eggs, Everywhere


Here are more eggs drying on The Hedgehog. As you can see every skewer is occupied which is about three dozen eggs drying. Yesterday, I showed you rubber cement eggs that were drying before they were put in their color bath.  Here are the eggs after their initial color bath and with the rubber cement removed. As is, I think that they are very pretty but I wanted to add another layer of color.

Rubber Cement Eggs after first color wash
After removing the rubber cement after the initial color wash, I decided to dye them in a lighter pastel color wash. The initial color washes were primary colors of purple, green, blue and red. I decided to add a layer of light orange, pink, light green and chartreuse to receive the bottom four eggs.

All of the rubber cement eggs.
In order from left to right on the bottom row:
Purple and pink = egg #1 in the previous picture
Red and orange = egg #4 in the previous picture
Green and light green = egg #2 in the previous picture
Blue and chartreuse = egg #3 in the previous picture.

Overall, I am very happy with the way these turned out. I would make more of these if they weren't so time intensive. While easy, it takes a little time removing the rubber cement after dyeing although it can be rather therapeutic.

1 comment:

kat said...

This technique reminds me a bit of doing Ukrainian eggs though much more modern in results.