Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 3


This week's card is a birthday card for my daytime boss. He turned 50 last year so he doesn't necessarily like a big to-do over his birthday. He doesn't want cake. He doesn't want cupcakes. All that he expects from me is a handmade card.

This card was about three weeks in the making. Previously, I had made him a similar card that had Happy on the back of the card and Birthday on the front of the card. He commented that you had to have the card fully open so that you could read it.

This year, I wanted another Happy Birthday script card but I wanted the words mirrored on the front and back so that the crease would bisect the mirror image. This year's card is a four layered card.  The salutation is in black, the first background is in the circle paper, and the base card is in red.


Rather than write on the red card stock of the base card, I inserted a white paper that was cut to the same dimensions of the circle paper.


All in all, I am very pleased with the outcome. Because of the crease and the need to slightly alter one set of the words so they could touch each other, the card is almost exactly symmetrical. The slight variation is eased by the color of the base card in that the ends don't exactly meet.

No comments: