Wednesday, January 30, 2013

NY Journal Basics

Before blending
One of the problems that I have with Art Journal writing is getting started. For the Sketchbook project, I decided to replicate the pages of the book out of my own paper and then restitch the covers (as required) to the signatures that I made myself.

Once I get the pages started, I will then trim the pages and then round the corners to fit into the covers. I have always had trouble getting started so I simply choose a medium and then add color to the pages. I can always cover the background color if I decided to go into a new direction. By putting color on the page, I reduce the stress of getting started. The next time I revisit the page, I am not looking at a blank page and feel that I have minimally accomplished something. In other words, I am moving forward rather than being paralyzed by a blank page.

Because I wanted to use a paper that was fairly thin, I am using color pencils so that the pages won't cockle once they get wet. I will then use gamsol to wet the pigment and then blend the colors together.

After blending

No comments: