Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Projects

This weekend, I didn't nearly get all of the things done that I should have. I don't even have anything to really show for my efforts. I just don't know where the time went.

I was working on two separate projects that I needed to complete by Monday. The first project was my Emotions swap on swap-bot. I am hosting a handmade postcard swap based on Emotions. The emotion this month was AWE.

I used some colored backgrounds that I already had. I then did a double overlay. The first was a baby's face and the second was a newspaper birth announcement page. For me, there is nothing more awe inspiring than the birth of a child. The joy and love of the new parents, and the miracle of birth. I put in this category the adoption of a child as well. The same love and joy is truly awe inspiring.

I am still in my text and picture phase. I really like the juxtaposition of text/fonts and images.

No comments: