Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Iron Craft 2014 Challenge #6--String Heart (Project 12)


It seems to be the easy challenges that always trip me up. This Iron Craft Challenge was dedicated to string. Once again, I tried to make a friendship bracelet and couldn't even make the simplest version. So I decided to look through my craft supplies and found these paper doilies left over from Valentine's Day.

I took red and white Baker's Twine and threaded it through some of the openings to give it some dimension. i then mounted it onto pink card stock and then cut around the shape. While it isn't perfect, I will use a similar technique in the future. I will mount it onto a folded card base and print a greeting on the inside--something like : You hold the strings to my heart.

2 comments:

kat said...

I was wondering if you were going to try friendship bracelets again! Someday you will get it ;)

I love your idea on how to use this technique, perfect

luluvision said...

This is very pretty and delicate! Don't give up on the friendship bracelet!!