|Final Version--Card Front|
The above card is the card that I struggled with on a variety of different levels. Unfortunately, I finally solved all of the problems after I sent my swap partners their cards in the mail. I still might send this to them after the fact so they can see what the card is supposed to look like (rather than the card they received).
I knew that I wanted to do a mobile heart card. Working out the logistics of the card was the difficult part. Which parts to glue to which other part so the mechanics wouldn't show. Getting the hearts to align properly. Where to place the thread and how many threads to use so they middle heart would be suspended.
I also wanted to do something on the inside to create a 3D effect. I thought about using a light box so that all of the hearts would align themselves. I decided to offset the interior hearts so it wouldn't look too matchy-matchy. I still might do another prototype and align them together but I will save that for another night.
Here is the card backlit so you can see the asymmetrical hearts which I think is kinda cool. I will share with you the alternate version next week.
All in all, a very productive Valentine's season.