Thursday, November 6, 2008

Snowflake Notecards Swap Done

Last night I decided to experiment with Translucent Embossing Paste and Glitter. The results didn't turn out like I had hoped but I might still be able to use the cards. I should have used the Opaque Embossing Paste with Glitter which I will do tonight. Because of the lack of success with the experiment, I decided to finish my Snowflake Cards this morning rather than last night. I find that I am much more creative in the morning when I wake up early. At night, I find that I am better at assembling cards because all I have to do is focus on the task rather than be creative.

So this morning, I decided that I needed to finish my snowflake swap requirements. I am only required to send two cards so I decided to send an extra card. I took the two cards that I wasn't particularly happy with (the lavender and pink cards) and added a vellum snowflake overlay that was printed with "Season's Greetings" in a grey colored script. On the inside of the card, I placed a sheet of nice quality text weight paper. I joined all of the pieces with a silver organza bow that is tied on the crease. I am much more happy with the final cards.

The second design is a multiple matted silver snowflake. My swap partner's favorite color is purple. So I took duplex card stock with lavender and dark brown and used that as the base card. I then layered the front of the card with purple metallic paper, a silver metallic textured matt, a chocolate brown textured matt and the embossed snowflake on the lavender colored card that is the inside of the base card. Even though it is simple, I really like this card and color combination.

For the matching envelopes, I took white envelopes and dry embossed a snowflake on each one. Unfortunately, the scan couldn't show the results of the dry embossing. It is very subtle but I will definitely use this idea during this holiday season.

All I have to do now is send them out and hope that my swap partner likes them.


Snowflake Swap Card #1


Snowflake Swap Card #2


Snowflake Swap Card #3

No comments: