|This was what it was supposed|
to look like.
For some reason, I just couldn't get my head wrapped around it. Maybe I should have started with a larger hole Aida cloth but I used the cloth that was in the package. The biggest frustration was separating the strands of thread. I only needed three strands and it took me forever to separate the strands of thread. What I should have done was take a length of 6 strand thread, cut it, and then separate it. Instead, I tried to separate an entire bobbin of thread which was a complete disaster.
I finally got the hang of one color but when it came time to add the second of five colors, I got totally discombobulated. Somehow, two colors of thread sharing the same holes sent my OCD mind reeling. What I really should have done was to stick to a single color.
|This is my unmitigated disaster|
I might try this project again but start with a plastic canvas or an 6 or 8 count cloth. I haven't totally given up yet.