Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 26


This week's card is another in my continuing series of New York City Landmarks. This is the Empire State Building. I am still playing around with the concept of adding either "New York" or "New York City" in the background.

This is usually a two step process. If I plan to do this with my Gocco printer, I will make mock ups with the printer to work on the layout before I go and start making screens for printing. This has saved me a lot of money and since the materials for the Gocco Printer are no longer being made--the fewer mistakes the better.

Once the layout has been finalized, I will separate the design into their component parts and make separate screens for each layer of printing. In the case, the building will be one layer and the writing the second. Now, I need to decide which layer will be the background and which layer will be the foreground. After that decision has been made, I need to decide on colors for each layer.

The above card will  have the building in the background (color still to be determined) and the writing in the foreground in either transparent white or silver.


No comments: