Thursday, July 4, 2013

LA Journal--Snowden


Today. I decided to share with you my first completed page in my LA Journal. As discussed previously, I am making one page dedicated to the newspaper headlines during my stay in Los Angeles. The first page is attributed to the Snowden controversy.

The background was repainted with alcohol inks. The ink drops were supposed to resemble blood stains. The American flag was reconfigured to look like the American flag under glass. The edges were torn and the pieces were separated from each other to resemble how the issue is dividing the nation. The Snowden photo was the photo posted in the newspapers and was ghost printed on paper. I then used the contact paper image transfer technique. The image was glue to card stock before be glued to the page.

The white out roller tape was used for the caption which was written on with a red Sharpie.

Happy Independence Day for my American readers.

No comments: