Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Decorating1

For those people who have been reading my blog, you know that I am not a big Halloween person. I don't dress up in costumes, I don't decorate, and I don't hand out candy. I really don't know why I have never been a huge Halloween participant but I'm just not. Now Christmas is a totally different story.

So, image my quandary when the performers in our current show decided to do a Secret Santa for Halloween--they called it getting "Boo"ed. I decided to play along. I decided to Boo my of my friends who works in the wardrobe department--mainly because, she REALLY REALLY gets into Halloween.

After a trip to Target and the Dollar Store, I came up with some decorating ideas for her workstation.
I decided that I didn't want to get too fussy with the decorations and I also needed her to be able to work at her station so I had to keep that in mind.

Step One was to put up some Halloween lights. These were free because I had a Buy One Get One Free coupon at Target. So, I convinced them to let me buy Christmas Lights and then get the Halloween lights for free. There lights are orange and purple on the same bulb. They are pretty bright but it is a full look.

 
Step Two was to put up a garland that I got from the Dollar Store. Since the process was getting "Boo"ed so I thought This was a cute garland. I could probably have made this myself and will probably do something similar for Christmas. The shapes are easy to cut and gluing or even stapling the figures on ribbon would be very easy.

 
 
Step Three was getting stuff. Most of this stuff was found at the dollar store. The drink cozies were each one dollar. The stuffers were $1 each as well. The pencils, stickers, sticky eyeballs were all easy to just display.  There is also a Jack-o-Lantern punch as well.

 

 
Tomorrow I will share some decorations that took a little more effort.

No comments: