Sunday, September 9, 2012

Paper Doodles

This week I thought that I would share one of my paper doodles with you. While working at the theater, I often have a lot of free time. Since I removed the cable TV from my station, I have even more time on my hands. Lately, I have been playing with paper and cutting utensils--either scissors, a scalpel or an Exacto knife.

I have been  known for my intricate paper cuts but I wanted to see what would happened if I just allowed myself to play. Of course, there have to be rules when playing (that is the OCD in me):
  • Only the minimum of tools--a ruler,a cutting mat, a cutting utensil, one sheet of black paper, a white china marker (the paper is black on black), and a line marking the center of the page (horizontally and vertically)
  • Spend no more than 15 minutes cutting the project
Here is the first example. I don't know what it is but it seems to be staring at me. Or maybe an ode to global warming. Who know what the subconscious is about?


No comments: