Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Paper Doodles 2

Today's exercise was a lesson in consistency. I wanted to practice two ideas--could I train my eye to consistently gauge a straight and equally dense line and thin connectors.  The top triangle was designed to see how thin I could get a line without breaking it while constructing free hand. The two side panels were designed to practice straight lines and gauge (or consistency in thickness of line). In the left panel, you can see that I got a little wonky--while the lines were consistently the same thickness, the positive space got a little crooked. In the right panel, the lines were the same thickness but the starting and ending points were consistently the correct angle.

The bottom panel was supposed to be a harlequin pattern of diamonds but I got tired of cutting them out and ran out of time.

No comments: