Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Swap



I am hosting a swap based on the Seasons. This swap is the second in the series and is based on Summer. The postcard on the left is my typical idea of summer colors--hot colors like yellows, reds and oranges. The background is a watercolor wash that I am calling "summer peach." It is full of light yellows with a touch of a red blush. Summer always reminds me of these colors and flying kites. The figure is a silhouette that I am developing for a book of silhouettes.

The postcard on the right is for a swap partner who does not like the color orange so I had to rethink my ideas. I have a friend that just returned from Miami and thought about those beautiful Miami nights. This is another of the silhouettes that I am developing. The sheen to the card is a product that I have been asked to evaluate. It is a Plaid product called ModPodge Sparkle. The glitter is supposed to simulate the stars over Miami.

No comments: