Friday, December 21, 2012

Special Wrapping

Someone asked me the other day where I got inspiration from regarding my wrapping ideas. I usually get inspired by color rather than content. I never studied color theory but I know what pleases me.

Many times, I get inspired by others. A case in point was this particular wrapping scheme. My boss contacted me at the last minute to wrap a last minute gift for his wife. I had just been inspired by Kat's home decor theme of white and silver. Her pictures can be found at Just Crafty Enough.

I decided to use some silver paper that I had and two versions of ribbon. I decided to use two bows that were offset. The first now is a silver satin ribbon overlaid with a silver organza ribbon. After tying the bow, I place the branches on top and formed them. Here, I copied Kat's use of nature and acorns. Once the branches were in place, I tied the second bow which consisted of a white satin ribbon overlaid with a silver organza ribbon. I then added the branch with red berries to add a spot of color.

I am very happy with the way this turned out.

No comments: