Thursday, October 8, 2009

Projects that I am working on

I just thought that I would share with you some of the projects that I am working on:

  1. A Halloween postcard swap using tradition colors of orange, black and white. I am working on a silhouette of a witch on a broom and a standing witch. I might decorate the background with watercolor or use a stamped or embossed background.
  2. A Halloween postcard swap using non-tradition colors--orange, black and white cannot be used. I am planning on cutting out mini-ghosts from leftover card stock scraps and layering them on top of each other so they look like they are flying. On each ghost, I will punch two holes for the eyes which will allow the eyes to be the color of the ghost beneath it.
  3. I am still working on my Where the Wild Things Are Postcard Swap. I am planning on doing a papercut based on the little boy sailing on the boat to the island. I am doing this in two versions. One that will be featured on a postcard for the swap and another will be for a framed art piece that I will give to one of the leads of the show that I am working.

Also, I am finishing some more Holiday Card designs that I will be Goccoing this year. So, the creative juices are flowing--I just need the time to do them. Starting next week, at least I will be able to start doing some of scalpel work while working at the theater.

No comments: