Thursday, December 14, 2017

Day Ten





Today's coloring assignment is a continuation of three pages from the Christmas Coloring Book above. Yesterday, I used colored pencils. Today, I used markers and tomorrow I plan on using crayons.

I think markers work much better on this paper. The paper is smooth so the ink doesn't feather and stays in place. There is some bleed through on the reverse but since these are single sided images that shouldn't be a problem.

If you have been following along, you know my affinity of geometric patterns and this snowflake represents exactly what I love about this type of image. You an add as much or little color as you want. You can pick a pattern and replicate across the image or just color randomly. As you can see, I treated this image as two different six sided snowflakes. The foreground starts on the north-south axis. The background is just to the right of the north axis.


I am really pleased with the way this turned out.

No comments: